Tuesday 29 November 2011

My Modification of Draculaura- Part I: Face Painting and Hair Cutting

  First, I removed her original paint. I tried using nail polish remover, but it wasn't working very well so I tried extra-strength Goof Off which worked just fine. 
That's my kitchen counter. Yes, she's lying on a Pooh Bear plate.
  I also got out the weird hairspray-like substance that comes in her hair to keep it in place with the same stuff. I rinsed her (and her hair) well with warm water.
Then, I started painting! I used acrylic paint and some nice new paint brushes I got.
It's a little hard to see, but I painted a light pink (slightly darker than her skin tone) where I wanted to put her eyes.


This is where I start doing things in a strange and compulsive order.
I outlined her eyelids with black. My smallest brush isn't quite small enough (or maybe I just don't paint enough) so it made weird lines that look like eyelashes. But I like them, so whatever. XD
Then I painted the whites of her eyes... white.



 I painted her irises very light pink and painted small black pupils.


Painted one eyebrow in black (and loved very much how it came out ♥). I also added more eyelashes and relined the eye.


Then painted the other eyebrow (they're not supposed to be even, they're a little off to give her an interesting expression). Also painted more eyelashes on the other eye. The other eye is so much better :/
It's hard to see, but I cut her bangs into more of a V shape and cut little short pieces next to them to frame her face.

Then I added more eye makeup and had lots and lots of issues with painting lips.
They ended up with black in the middle, fading to grey as it goes down the bottom lip (I didn't end up painting the top lip because I like how it looks). I don't have a picture of what they look like though, I forgot to take one XD

 So, that's her so far, I plan to do a shoulder/collarbone tattoo and some nail polish but I'm not sure what else yet. I think this is great fun and I'll definitely be repainting and modifying more dolls in the future, when I'm done with her. ^-^





5 comments:

  1. so shaky and uneven...ruined doll. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm a bit shaky, but it's my first time using acrylic paint on that material. And you can't ruin a doll by painting it, if I decide I want to change her face I can just use the same stuff I used to take off her original face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway, I really am happy with how she's turned out so far, even though she's not perfect :]

    ReplyDelete